This is liberals' chance to make one more huge difference. If you hear a conservative say that it's time to head for Canada, do the right thing:
- Tell them how smart they are and that you wish you would have done the same thing when W was president.
- Remind them that Rush Limbaugh promised the same thing, and that he'll likely be waiting for them.
- Give them a map and, if necessary, explain that Canada is another country. (Point north for those who will not have any idea how to use a map.)
- Reassure them that many Canadians speak English and that they will not have to deal with those confusing, foreign languages (like Spanish) that they might hear if they run the other way.
- Be generous. We promised to redistribute the wealth. If they need a little gas money for the trip, give them a voucher and promise to send some money when they mail a receipt for gas from Winnipeg.
- Offer them a light windbreaker for those cooler winter months. (It's the Christian thing to do.)
So let's all give it just one more team effort. You've done the phone banks to convince citizens to go to the polls. Now, pick up the phone and tell a conservative to head toward the North Pole.
Oh, and don't forget to tell them not to let the crossbar at the border checkpoint hit them in the ass on the way out.